So you want to be a big shot, stay cool and win that freeze-out tournament. You have an inkling that poker is something you were born to do, but where you live no one you know knows the rules, there is no casino in over one hundred miles and you’d feel intimidated anyway. So the option is to find the best online poker site in the country and start winning those tournament grand prizes.
When looking for the best online poker site you have to find the one that is right for you. Here’s a few tips when looking for a site:
- Find one that has a free trial period or offers you some free incentive. That way you can get to try out the place before committing to regular payments or subscriptions.
- Stay away from scams that promise an easy way to ‘beat the system’. The only way they beat the system is by getting you to give you their money instead to all the genuine poker sites.
- Get yourself to a listing site that gives up to date reviews and details of events gong on at all the casinos. Not only will you get a feel for what is out there, you get to see which ones are consistently popular.
- Search for your favorite poker variant. While poker has taken hold in the last few years, it is steadily gaining followers, and that is not going to change. You want to keep up with what is going on.
- Get yourself a little notebook and start tallying how much you spend on the poker variants you favor. You’ll soon find out that a fair number of the online poker sites lie a picking up competition that you are not sure how to play. Don’t let that discourage you if you are winning on other sites, it might just be a matter of ton between which site you prefer.
- KeepTDOG and other poker news going through the gamblers tube and of course the pokermodified news. Be sure to keep an eye out for funnyneys, which are planned events which end up changing the poker dimension in some way. Be aware too of the poker variants which should not be advertised in TDs.
- There is no end limit to the amount of bonuses you can claim, but you want to make sure that you have around 25 or 50 total before you take advantage of them. That will allow you to play longer on the tables, and win more, before realizing that the round is up and you are due a payoff from the poker room.
- Play a few button rounds (one button = big blind, two buttons = small blind) before you sit in a multi table tournament to maximize your playing time. You want to maximize your playing time because you can’t play all at once.
- While waiting in the first ten minutes you should not be playing low limits because these are the best ten minutes you will get in anyway. Take advantage of the opportunities you have and you’ll get your money in eventually.
- Finally, if you are winning a lot and the game is bringing you lots of money, inform your pals and family that you have been running a poker tournament and that you will be sharing the profits. If you inform the wrong person (or the person contacts you after you realize what is happening) you could end up sharing the entire pot.